Hummer oddity

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 19:50:20 PST

I'm not expecting anybody to have any info on this sighting, but I
thought it was odd enough to mention to you all. Today I passed three
perfect looking Hummers, in standard temperate 3 color camo, piled up on
a bright red car hauler. They were just sitting there, trailer only and
3 Hummers, beside a derelict wooden structure in East Corinth, Maine. I
am no Hummer expert, but these did not have the hard top backs and no
soft tops were present (even though it still snows here at least once a
week). But here is the odd bit (like the red trailer wasn't <g>)...

East Corinth Maine is in the middle of nowhere even by military
standards. The nearest base of any sort is a medical detachment in
Bangor, some 25 miles southeast of where the trailer was parked. On this
side of Bangor civilization quickly runs into pure Unorganized Territory
which is almost exclusively owned by paper companies. There are no
military bases or "playgrounds" anywhere near here, so why were these
three vehicles parked 25 miles next to nothing on the way towards
nothing? Besides seeing 2 Hummers and a tanker truck last week about 40
miles West coming from the opposite direction these are the first
military vehicles in active service I have ever seen in this area. The
two events might be releated, but the paths of the two sets of vehicles
are opposite, meaning they couldn't have been from the same unit. So
since the Hummers were not likely to be in private hands, I stumped!

Sorry, I just had to share this oddity with you all since nobody else I
know would have even noticed the Hummers in the first place :-) On the
odd chance that anybody has a clue about this I for one would certainly
like to hear about it.

Steve