Re: [MV] AM General is preventing HMMWV Registrations

From: PJ (pstapp@freewwweb.com)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 20:03:23 PST

John wrote:

>The letter states that the HMMWV's are
>military vehicles that were not meant for civilian use and that AM
General
>does not endorse or support the sales of the vehicles to the general
public
>or private entities.

 Who cares what they endorse or support

     Some quotes from the web site www.amgmil.com:
http://www.amgmil.com/Pages/MOU%20RELEASE.html

" AM General, headquartered in South Bend, Ind., is a privately held
company
owned by New York City based Renco Group, Inc."

and further
"AM General is a leader in designing and manufacturing light and medium
duty
trucks for military and government use

The HUMMER has been offered to retail and commercial customers since
1992 through a comprehensive worldwide network of dealers."

What a Crock of "Billy Slickwilly". AM Gen. has no business writing
such a letter;
what they endorse or support doesn't carry any more validity than
opinion, and
if I worked at DMV in CT or anywhere else, and received it, I would
immediately
toss it in the garbage while laughing vigorously.

Mike