Re: [MV] AM General is preventing HMMWV Registrations

From: Robert D. Brooke (rdb18@csufresno.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 11:59:13 PST

Amby72@aol.com wrote:

> MY MUTT IS MY EVERYDAY DRIVER !!!!

The point is, if the DMV takes your plate away, or requires extensive
and expensive compliance modifications at renewal time, you may not be
driving your MUTT at all, let alone everyday.

This isn't happening *yet*, but I believe in getting in the cellar when
the tornado is on the horizon, not when it has already destroyed my house.
And in case that metaphor was too subtle for you, then I'll restate it in
clearer terms: if it looks like there is a push on to deny us normal
on-road use of our newer mil vehs, then I think we should consider some
preventive tactical strike.

I own a 1964 M151A1, I'm not affected. If anything, if the people who
don't want us to pursue our hobby through this latest tactic are
successful, my MUTT got more valuable, while yours became worth a lot
less.

Bob Brooke