Re: [MV] AM General is preventing HMMWV Registrations

From: SBJohnston@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 13:44:17 PST

Glenn wrote:

>which they can legally do, since it is a licensed privelege
>to register a vehicle not a right.

I would point out, however, that they must treat everyone the same. They
cannot hold HMMWV owners to different standards than owners of trucks made by
other companies.

>Anyone will be able to register these vehicles legally
>buy upgrading them to at least the standards for private
>vehicles that were in effect as of date of manufacture.
>AMG lists the upgrades as; Collapsable steering column,
>safety steering wheel padding, padded dash, transmission
>park function, DOY approved lighting, side impact
>protection, and bumpers to name what I can remember.

These specs were required of *trucks* ?? Really ?? If that's the case, there
were many, many trucks produced at that time which don't meet these standards.

Steve

sbjohnston@aol.com