Re: [MV] "Plastic" Tank...

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 07:01:08 PST

In a message dated 3/27/00 4:54:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk writes:

<< I dont know about "Plastic" MBT's... but didnt Dunlop produce them in
rubber
 during WW2 ?

 Tim

Quite true... talk about mileage! lol The rubber tanks were also joined by
plywood versions mounted over a car or lorry chassis, none of these ploys was
ever shown to be effective and I think their careers were pretty short lived.

Oh lucky day: "Oh by the by Cpl. Smythe, be a good fellow and drive this
plywood tank with the fake gun against the Panzers and 88's today will you?
Ought to give Jerry a fright." lol

Jack