Re: [MV] M35 Engine Changes

From: Eric Kozowski (eric@svjava.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 09:26:51 PST

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 06:05:27AM -0500, James Shanks wrote:
> And unlike like common (?) opinion they will run without oil leaks if
> assembled properly.

The only place a well build Detroit (2 cycle) should maybe leak is some
seepage from the air box drains if the engine idles a lot. Of course
excessive idiling is one of the worst things you can do to a Detroit.

> To comply with the
> list a Detroit 4-53T (4 cylinder turbo 53 inches per cylinder) should not
> overpower a M-35 series drive train but I don't want to drive it!!!! Only
> fault I have with the old two strokes is LOTS OF NOISE!!

They are noisy, but you can damn near fix them with a rock and a stick.

--
Eric Kozowski
Portland, OR