Re: [MV] Glow Plugs in A CUCCV

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 10:39:38 PDT

You said it Carl,

    The only way to remove the deformed glow plugs is by removing the heads.
This is an excellent time to remind you that when starting the 6.2/6.5
family of GM engines you turn the key on and wait for the glow plug light to
go out before rotating the ignition switch to the start position. DO NOT I
REPEAT DO NOT SHUT OFF THE IGNITION SWITCH AND TURN IT ON AGAIN TO GET
ANOTHER "CYCLE" ON THE GLOW PLUGS WITHOUT WAITING AT LEAST 3 MINUTES FOR THE
GLOW PLUGS TO COOL DOWN ENOUGH SO YOU DON'T PARTIALLY MELT THE TIPS WHICH
IS WHAT HAPPENED TO YOURS. Unless of course you like removing the heads??
Best of luck and I'll bet ya you will think of this every time you start it
in the future.

James Shanks
The Line Below is my Ham Radio Callsign
n1vbn@bit-net.com
The line below is my Ham Radio Packet Address
n1vbn@N1VBN @ WB1DSW.NH.USA.NOAM