Re: [MV] Glow Plugs in A CUCCV

From: JEFF HAIN-MATSON (flmv@netrax.net)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 13:28:17 PDT

i have found that an air ratchet with a glow plug socket to grip the
glow plug will spin the glow plug fast enough that the swollen part
will thread it's way out most of the time.
a friend of mine who has a fuel shop says when they get a broken tip
problem they look in the injector hole, if they can't see the tip they
shoot craps -- start the truck, hold your foot to the floor and with
some luck the tip will pass like a noisy kidney stone. he has a bout a
90% to 95% success rate. he really hates to pull heads.
i have had luck with the above techniques but IT IS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL
TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO.

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON
FRONT LINE MILITARY VEHICLES      WEB SITE:   www.flmv.net