Re: [MV] MV security: Brake pedal lock?

From: Sean Bathrick (Bathrick@imcchemicals.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 08:29:57 PDT

This same type of valve is on the 135/211 series trucks. Basically it keeps the fluid from returning to the master cylinder. It is easy enough to figure out, 2 wires and Memphis equipment probably has all sorts of these in stock. Hide the switch or put it or a push button, or whatever in some out of the way area, and you're good to go. If the would be thief had no familiarity with mil-veh's, he'd be hard pressed to figure it out.
Sean
MVPA 14222
51 M135
53 M38A1
67 M416

>>> "Keith Byrd" <byrdhouse@netease.net> 04/02/00 08:12PM >>>
Mark,
            I have a friend who rigged a elec. controlled valve to his brake
system on a '53 Ford pickup. He would pump up the brakes and flip toggle
switch. This would lock the brakes until the switch was turned off. Of
course, this would lead to brake "freeze" up if parked for a long period of
time. M274 drivers know all about this. This might not work on your vehicle,
but when I saw it I thought it was a neat idea. Just thought I'd throw that
in. Keith

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>
To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-digest@uller.skylee.com>
Send administrative queries to <mil-veh-request@uller.skylee.com>