[MV] MV security: Brake pedal lock?

From: Russell Hill (russell@cyberport.com)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 17:48:25 PDT

 Sears is now advertising a battery with a remote control. You deactivate
the battery when you leave your vehicle. I've been thinking of putting one
(or two) in my MV's. It's certainly not absolute security - the vehicle
could be jump started or even rolled to start it I guess. It is, however,
quick and easy, and it requires no permanent vehicle modification . You'd
have to work at it a little to steal it which is all I probably need where I
live. Has anybody had any experience with this? Any thoughts?

 Russell Hill
 La Plata, NM

 M274's, M29's, M211's, Tucker Sno-Cat, Various Mil Trailers, USMC TD-18
and
 picking up an '54 M38A1 in SLC tomorrow!!!

 P.S. We were just in Maui, HI and took a ride with Maui Duck Tours! A
nice guy, lots of fun. A nice DUKW with lots of modifications to comply
with coast guard regulations. Highly recommended if you're in the area. He
has a website at mauiducktours.com.