Aberdeen Show judging categories

From: NIGEL HAY (Nigelhay@tanksrus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 00:49:12 PDT

I was amused by the "Fun Catergories" in the Judging...eg
Dirtiest Vehicle
Best Overall Display
"Least Restored"
1 Most Distance Traveled
Ugliest
              Peoples Choice
Most visibly rusted/damaged
Least likely to make it home under own power
Choice Gas guzzler

Having been stuck in the arena at the War and Peace Show (July 19-23rd this
year....) for many years, commentating and interviewing vehicle owners for
the audience, I could add my own series of awards....

Best "my vehicle landed in the first wave on D Day" anecdote (this is often
hotly contested)
Best excuse for refusing to talk to the microphone when interviewed , this
includes "my wife will do this, but she isn't here till Sunday"
Most heavily disguised /wrapped in camo netting civilian Landrover
Best interuption for a "lost child/dog/mistress etc" announcement
Most innapropriate costume
Least command of the English Language, this is normally won by some of our
Chzek visitors, whose enthusiasm outways linguistic skills, but they always
take the trouble to do the arena events.....
Entrant with lowest sense of humor coefficient
Best "I've just realised I am in the wrong arena event" excuse
Best in front of crowd breakdown
Best excuse for parking a low loader in the crowd viewing area
Best "could the owner of xxxx vehicle please move it as you are blocking the
only entrance to the showers" announcement
Biggest cock up in the arena events
Biggest cock up in the prize presentation.....someone nearly always recieves
the wrong award.....

I am repeatedly reminded of a wide choice of vehicles I have wrongly
introduced....but it all adds to the fun of it.

I could go on......
One of the real classic all time BS statements was from a bloke in an
(alledgedly) Pink Panther SAS Land rover "I can't tell you who I am or about
this vehicle for security reasons" the owner actually worked in a garage and
his details were n the programme, never mind he believed he was really in
the SAS....it is rumoured that he built the vehicle from a civvy model (he
probably could have told me but would have to kill me afterwards.....)

Hope we see many of you in July, kind regards, NIGE