Re: [MV] M-38 Paint options

From: INDUSTELE@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 08:14:24 PDT

Jeffrey, Painted a M38A1 in Strata Blue which is the standard Air Force
color. Actually had it painted by the local $139 shop due to the weather at
the time. Strata Blue is a standard color and is available from Sherwin
Williams. To the best of my knowledge, it was applied after the vehicle was
delivered to the Air Force. I had mine painted everywhere that was visable.
Under the hood, the wheels, under the fenders, inside, out, but not the
undercarriage. Don't know if that's "right" or not, but looks good. They
use a yellow marking scheme on the blue, got my information from Sean
Bathrick on this list. Looks real neat in the blue. Be glad to send email
photo if you want.

Tom Campbell - Birmingham, Alabama USA