Re: [MV] 300 M-38 unused offerd for sale

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 09:09:32 PDT

ww2surplus@hotmail.com writes:

<< Someone offerd me 300 M-38 jeeps they seem to be in the US unused in
perfect
 condition with all the canvas, axe, spade etc.
 Does anyone know more.

 Thanks
 Dennis Schneider
 78 MB's & GPW's for sale >>

Dennis, I have no idea if this is relevant to your particular deal without
know more, but it sure sounds familiar.

There has been this on going storym now at least 2 months old about
"somebody" selling new military jeeps. As I recall the story, the factory
was stuck with a cancelled order by some foriegn country...there was about
300 military type Jeeps in new condition and they are now being offered for
sale to the public, I think the price was about $8000 each, they had 4
cyclinder engines, painted OD and has a few mil features installed.
Possibly this was offered on E-bay awhile back. I tried to do an archieve
search, but negative results, possibly because the ad was pulled as a fraud.

My inquiry to the sellers met with zip, nobody else got any answers either
that I know of, seemed very fishy to me. If it was for real, a joke or a
fraud... who knows? Maybe somebody else on the list can shed more light on
this.

Wondering where you came across this information? Might make more sense if
we knew who your source was.

Caveat emptor... jack