Re: WTB: HMMWV 8-bolt wheel

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 21:03:42 PDT

mblair1@cx689895-a.msnv1.occa.home.com wrote:
> Hi, folks. I need one 8-bolt HMMWV wheel assembly (for the old
> bias-ply tires) for my M998's spare tire. I have a wheel that I got
> from a surplus vendor a few months ago, but it turned out to be
> unusable, because it failed the feeler gauge test when I tried to
> assemble it today. It's a bit rustier than I'd like, anyway.

For the record, the vendor who sold me the bad wheel (who shall remain
nameless) saw my posting, and promptly contacted me to offer to make
things right. I decided to decline his offer for a few reasons:

1. I picked out and inspected the wheel in person, so it's my own $^#%
fault for not inspecting it carefully enough, and there was no
misrepresentation on his part.

2. It's been a few months since I bought it, anyway.

3. I found an alternate use for it, as a portable antenna base that
I'll use in my display at the upcoming MRCG meet in SLO in May. Take a
look at the bottom entry on my M998 pictures page if you're curious:

    http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greentruck/truck2/pics.html

Not the cheapest antenna base in the world, but it's quite servicable,
and pretty unique! :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/