Re: [MV] US Army Handbook 1939-1945

From: Tim Bell (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 00:26:10 PDT

List

On the subject of handbooks and manuals, when I was in Ohio last year I
picked up a manual entitled something like...

Field Artillery Divisional Parts List....

This contains the complete equipment breakdown for an Artillery Division -
ie number of Jeeps, Command Cars, Weapons Carriers, Artillery Pieces and
their complete basic stores listing...

ie - Jeep, Signals, No1 - Crew, Captain and Signaller Sergeant, WS19
(American Equivalent), Cable reeler RL31, batteries, spares.... etc.... and
so on for the whole unit, on a per vehicle breakdown.

I've never seen anything quite like it before - I presume if there is one
for an Atrillery Unit, there must be one for other units too....

Anyone know what the series of manuals are ? and where I can get some of the
others... reprints will do.

One day I'll find the manual again in my spare room to be able to see
exactly what the title is.

Thanks

Tim