Re: [MV] Winch and lights for Military Humvee

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 17:49:22 PDT

*
>This may be totally off the wall, but:
>
>Would it be possible to connect the winch in such a way that it draws off
>the batteries in parallel?

Being that 24V winches are available this would be kind of silly but....

There is a special relay that some trucks use when the starter is 24V but
the electric system is 12V. The batteries are normally connected in
parrallel but when you go to crank the engine over the relay temporarily
reconnects the batteries in series just while your cranking. You could use
one of these but wire it for the reverse function. Last time I was looking
into getting one they were like $175. I think I'd just get the 24V winch
myself.

je