Re: [MV] Ferret fluid and Catch 22

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 07:28:57 PDT

> So.......We contact Shell UK and say "We want to buy
> Clavus/Tellus". Ok they say, where do you want to pick it up? "Got anyone
> near Pennsylvania, in the US?" Oh no, they say, we can't sell to
> customers in the US. We have an agreement with Shell US not to sell in
> their areas. You must buy from Shell US.
> OK........We call Shell US and say we want to buy Tellus/Clavus. They say,
> we don't have this fluid here in the US nor do we have anything that is
> equivalent. But, we say, Shell UK has barrels of it.
> Sorry, says Shell US, we can't sell you any UK products because we have
> an agreement with Shell UK not to sell their products in our areas !! You
> will have to get it from Shell UK !!!

Howdy list,
    Just wondering, do they sell this stuff in Mexico? Back before they were
allowing DMSO (industrial solvent) to be sold in the US, horse owners went to
Mexico to buy the stuff. Seems it works really good at getting medicine thru the
skin. Just don't touch anything you don't want deep inside you if you're working
with the stuff. ( I know one horse owner who mixes the stuff with aspirin and
rubs in on her arthritic shoulder, yeek!)
    At least the trip to Mexico would be cheaper, not that I approve of bringing
anything illegally thru our borders, just telling you what OTHER horse owners used
to do. Of course you wouldn't be able to make a side trip to visit Beltring if
you only went to Mexico. =^)

Later,
Brian Mead