Re: [MV] Need help with 230 volt AC wiring

From: Bryan Rupp (ruppster@alaskalife.net)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 04:53:44 PDT

A fellow list member sent me a response to my original message
with a suggestion that it could be set up for three phase
power. I should have mentioned in the first email that the
electric motor has a tag on it stating that it could be wired
for either 115 single phase or 230 two phase. But to wire it
for 115 would require 26 amps versus the 13 amp draw it would
pull at 230 volts AC. Since household 115 outlets are only
able to handle 15 amps I'm stuck with 230. Plus 230 volt
operation allows the use of a smaller gauge wire due to the
lower current draw. Sorry for the omission.

Thanks again,
Bryan R.
'53 GMC XM220 2.5 Ton Shop Van
'63 M43 Ambulance