Re: [MV] "M" series numbers list

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 07:19:35 PDT

John Hutterer <john.hutterer@deltec.com> wrote:

> Mitchell K. Smith [mailto:mksmith@ptd.net] wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know where I could find a complete listing of all the post
> > WWII M numbers and descriptions.
>
> Try olive-drab.com. There is a complete list of M series numbers, with a
> good description of the various vehicles on one of the sub pages.

Another great source for that information is TM 43-0001-31, "Equipment
Data Sheets for TACOM Combat and Tactical Equipment". A copy of the
June, 1985 edition is available from Portrayal Press. It lists all of
the tactical trucks and trailers in use as of June, 1985, with basic
specs and drawings. It doesn't include older trucks like the M37 (3/4
ton Dodge), M38 or M38A1 (the last of the real Jeeps), but it does
include everything from MUTTs and Mules to HMMWVs, including all of
those billions of 2.5-ton and 5-ton variations. Plus, it includes NSN
(National Stock Number) information, with cross-reference indices, so
you can easily look up those trucks that show up on the DRMS web site.

Another similar manual, also available from Portrayal, is TM
43-0001-32, which is the same thing for bulldozers, forklifts, cranes,
earthmovers, etc.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/