Re: [MV] Jumpstarting

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 04:39:02 PDT

 ---- you wrote:

> [...]

I also know someone who lost an eye due to an exploding 12v battery. He was connecting a 12v battery charger when it exploded. I should have mentioned that you should never attach both jumper cables to the batteries, regardless of voltage. The last connection should always be to chassis ground. This gets confusing when you try to jump a positive ground vehicle with a negative ground vehicle. Many older English cars are positive ground. I guess this goes along with driving on the left side of the road. Many thanks for your observations, the last thing any of us want is someone getting hurt.

Dave Fillman
45 MB