M38A1 Entertainment (parts needed & questions)

From: Amikesomm@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 22:04:21 PDT

Greetings All!
Ok, here we go:
Does anybody have the two wires going to the coil, one goes to the points and
the other goes to the connector pin? I assume ANY M series distributor
internal wiring would do?? This stuff is pretty chewed up.
Where can I find a horn button repair kit?
Is there supposed to be a long metal rod in the steering column, and if so,
how can I find one? Nothing in this M38A1......
Where can I find a glove box button? The guts are missing from mine.
Does anyone make a floor repair kit? With hat channels?
I saw an ad for a dash mounted circuit breaker. I thought these didn't HAVE
circuit breakers??
Who has the dash screws and little washers that snap on to hold them in
place? If anyone has the fastener number, I can probably just order a
replacement aircraft fastener and washer of the same size.
What do you folks think of the CUNO oil filter?? I've seen ads for the
filter head and the whole filter. Is the head the part you replace every ??
years, or do you just take the whole thing apart to clean it? I prefer the
Mil Jr myself, but don't have a spare bucket and bracket!!
Sigh....will try to have this pig running next week.
Oh, did I tell you the distributor was FULL of oil?? Are you ready to guess
why? I don't think it was the coil leaking, but because these guys hooked up
the lowest carb vacuum line to the distributor vent port thinking this was
the vacuum advance attach point. Pulled oil up through the shaft side, I
guess..........a LOT of oil.
Life is Good.
Mike in VA