Re: [MV] Vintage MVs for sale

From: MARK ZUREVINSKY (maz_concerts@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 14:18:49 PDT

Thanks Verne,

Isn't it the truth! I have been all over this world and I have never felt
more unease then in LA. I think that these people are reading to many
fiction stories about mafia, KGB and the like!

Sure there is some problems in Russia with corruption and various crime. But
there is also a serious amount of that in both the Us and Canada as well
especially the crime. I have never had a person yet come to me on the street
in any country of the former USSR and ask me to buy a gun. I had this twice
in the US.

Right away when someone has solidified something that is a little unique,
they start to assume that someone is doing something illegal. Well, it is
not my fault that heavy handed people from North America (G.I Joe types)
come over to former Soviet Bloc countries and start trying to tell them how
to do business. It is no wonder then why the get financially screwed all the
time.

As I said before, I have dealt with various levels of people here since the
early 1990's. i have never and i repeat NEVER had a problem. I have seen
some of my fellow North Americans over here. I try and distance myself as
much as possible as they think that because they got a gold mastercard and $
3,500 USD in travellers checks that everyone is going to roll over. No
wonder why some of them come back with less then they came with.

I am writing to you right now from Ukraine. I know full well that every one
of my messages sent from here is intercepted. If I was doing something not
"right" you would think that they would stop my undertaking. Instead, I am
granted a 1 year mutli-entry visa, soon to be changed to changed an official
stamp exempting me from any visa requirements, and driver's license. Again
understand I am still a Canadian. The only difference is that I have gained
the respect of certain people who aid me in delivering what I have claimed.

I have people in North America who have asked for everything from camo wear
to translated English manuals for the MIG-29. I have delivered all. Yet,
some people here think that WWII vintage MV's cannot be delivered.

In closing, all the doubting Thomas' should understand something. All of
this surplus "scrap" as the locals call it is being cut-up for scrap metal.
In fact the Chinese are buying a lot of it for just that, scrap! Vintage
aircraft, tanks, jeeps, trucks and so on. I am not only salvaging this stuff
from the military bone yards, I am further saving it from the smelter.

Regards,

Mark Zurevinsky