Military/Civil Defense trailer pump

From: M42Dodge@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 09:53:25 PDT

I recently discovered a trailer mounted Hale fire pump . It has a Dodge flat
head six engine in a metal shroud with a wooden frame trailer and NDT tires.
It as stabilizer legs at the back and a landing gear wheel with a steel wheel
at the front. The owner said it had a lunette(tow eye) but it now has a ball
hitch. A builder`s plate states it was built in 1942 for the OCD(civil
defense). It is the same as the pump trailer shown in the TM 9-2800, as built
for the US army, but missing most of the sheet metal. Does anyone own one of
these that is restored or nearly complete? I am considering restoring it, but
I need to get an idea of what is missing.