Bow dimensions for M105A2?

From: Jay Keine (k9baylee@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 18:19:33 PDT

Hey all,

All of my leads for finding canvas bows for my M105A2 trailers have
apparently dried up. So, I'm resorting to fabrication, but don't have a
specimen to work from. Does anyone know the tubing dimensions, possibly even
the wall thickness? I've heard some people say that the tubing was sometimes
bent instead of using built-up corner pieces like on the trucks. Can anyone
verify this? Also, I know that many of the bows were made of square metal
tubing, but some say the early bows were made of wood, and rumor has it that
the very latest ones were made of fiberglass. Can anyone help?

I know all of this may seem somewhat trivial, but I've got a later-model
trailer (1989) that is ready to be sandblasted and repainted, and the only
friggin' parts I'm missing are the bows. I've looked for two months now and
can't even find a single one. I'm frustrated as all hell.

Thanks,

Jay