M38A1 chassis paint scheme

From: Matt (wilfreeman@InfoAve.Com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 13:02:42 PDT

   Just went to see my M38A1 that has been sitting at the sand blaster's
house for the past year. He FINALLY finished the chassis. It looks great -
almost brand new! He put a fairly heavy coat of gloss black on everything. I
figure this is a great base coat for OD 24087.
   I know there is supposed to be some gloss black on the chassis, but can't
remember what. Is the block supposed to be OD? What about the valve cover?
The distributor? Transmission? Transfer case? Generator? Starter? The
regulator is supposed to be black (or at least mine was when I bought it).
   If any of you can help me make this M38A1 chassis as original as
possible, it would be very much appreciated!

   Thanks - Matt