Re: [MV] Mark and his Russian vehicles, etc.

From: RoughDoc@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 18:13:14 PDT

I guess this is the new and improved marketing scheme. Berate your
customers, insult them, convince them that your stuff is too good for them.
Then they will come flocking to your door.

Ironically, I would guess that most of us really wanted to believe that the
stuff was there, and that it would be made available for sale here in the US.

Equally ironic, is the reality that outside of folks like us, whom else would
be foolish enough to spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours on
something that will never sell for even a pittance of what we put into it.

I imagine there is a market for historical military vehicles in Western
Europe. We had a very active historical MV club in the Frankfurt area when I
was there with the 3rd Armored Division. Some very nice operational stuff.

If anyone has ever looked at the prices of successful bids out of DRMO in
Europe the past 6 years, decent newer equipment is selling for pennies on the
dollar. Course we all know how hard it is to get back here.

The armored stuff is being cut up and demilled, under the provisions of the
CSE agreements that we signed before the cold war ended. As a member of the
original teams, it was heart breaking to watch all that perfectly good armor
being destroyed.

Doc