Re: [MV] Canadian Parade-Good job!

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 01:10:21 PDT

Way to go Robin!

Excellent reading, really great post!

That must have been some parade, hope you have some pics to share later on?
The only bad part is I am reminded that we've not had a military parade
anywhere near us for at least 40 years or more, despite military bases close
by, actually that should be closed by....lol.

Very sad state of affairs here Robin... patriotism is considered a rather
vile conservative form of expression and that does not go over well with the
liberals that seem to abound everywhere here.

But, hey you get on a soap box and talk about ways of tearing down the
wealthy who oppress this nation (meaning those who work regularly and earn
over 24k a year) and you've got an audience, if not a willing mob. Lousy
bunch of flag burners.

Come to think of it we did have a Pioneer Day parade about 8 years ago that
featured some restored military jeeps. Those poor people were taunted,
jeered and boo'd by our college creepo's and local maggots so much so they've
not come back around for years until I invited them to our Vets Expo just
this year.

That reminds me of a little story......I entered my Ferret last Sunday in the
rather prestigious British Car Show and for the first time I heard a young
kid of about 13 or 14 say, "What's that thing doing here? This is supposed
to be a British car show!" About the same time a tall older man with a
strong British accent walked up to him and said, ....."Young man, that.. that
little armoured car... flying the Union Jack and the regimental flag of the
British Army is without a doubt the most British car entered!" I loved it!
He was clearly miffed and the kid was clearly put in his place too. My
reward came again about an hour later when I took a first place in the
specialty class.

Think some of our newer American's are getting a little full of themselves
and have all but forgotten the lessons most of us learned the hard way.
Sorry, for ranting, didn't mean to take away from your parade story. Good
job!

Jack
Stuck without an exit visa in
the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia!