mail

From: Tom Bauer (tomb@carr.org)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 17:57:07 PDT

would those of you who have aol accounts please 'complain' about this? i
would like to be able to send some of you mail !!

We have been working seven days a week on our email to AOL problems.
We have consulted with the world's best mail experts and they have
pronounced our system sound. We continue to log hundreds of
successful mail deliveries to AOL mail servers. Unfortunately, AOL
has deployed a new anti-spam filter in the past month, and we
very strongly suspect that AOL is dumping all mail from CCPL.

Please see:
http://aol.about.com/internet/aol/library/weekly/aa052300a.htm?iam=mt&terms=%2Baol+%2Bspam

We have emailed AOL daily for some time about these difficulties.
Yes, we did email them from our server, and from outside servers.
So far, all this has gained us is a series of automated responses.
This might be an indication that AOL is being swamped with
complaints, or it might reflect corporate indifference.

If you know any AOL customers, give them a call and tell them that
a lot of their mail is apparently being thrown away by AOL without
any indication to the sender or to the intended recipient that the
mail was not successfully transmitted.

More updates will follow as soon as the situation changes.

Thanks for your patience,
Ryan Miller