Re: [MV] My MV's and the Railroad.

From: Renee Davis (pandr@cybertours.com)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 19:02:11 PDT

Hello Doc,

I can understand your point about wear and tear. But one drawback of rails in a
combat theater is that they present a helluva target for air interdiction. Hard to
detour a train around a well placed crater. Logistics can quickly become bogged
down in the Joneses; one side blows it up, so the other side repairs it, so the
other side blows it up, ad nauseum. Road transport can be much more flexible.

Pete Davis
pandr@cybertours.com