Re(2): [MV] Bon Homme Richard

From: Gordon.W.I. McMillan (gwim2@student.open.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 10:35:23 PDT

You can be surprised, can't you ?

My father never talked about the war, and never encouraged my interests in
MVs, though he commanded some sort of group of those quad / limber / 25
pounder things.... (statutory MV content)

Went to a party as a family, once, and there was this Russian guy on his
own. My father went up to him and chatted away in fluent Russian for
quite a while - said he picked it up during the war............ Were we
surprised - better believe it.

He made a point of not going back over his wartime experience though, and
just got on with his life.

Gordon