Re: Re(2): [MV] Bon Homme Richard

From: John Jacott (jjacott@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 10:42:37 PDT

Well, my dad once said that he flew Helicopters. That was all he ever said.
Never mentioned that he had been shot down a total of 17 times. Was wounded
8 times in combat. That he once carried a wounded Lt. 18 miles while having
three rounds in his stomach after an extraction with no cover. That Lt. came
to the funeral as a Rear Admiral!
Totally blew my mind...