Re: [MV] Trimble Trimpack GPS in HMMWV

From: Glenn (dogstar918@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 22:44:01 PDT

Yes, it is correct mil installation equipment for vehicles such as HMMWV's.
The Trimpack or SLGR as it is called in the Army (Small Lightweight GPS
Receiver) is now being replaced by the Rockwell PLGR which is more advanced
and is PPS rather than SPS which most Desert Storm SLGR's were. The antenna
and mounting kit was designed for maximum flexibility allowing many mounting
options for various vehicles. I might add that if you need to get any of
these items from Trimble, you should have a large wallet as they are very
highly priced.

Glenn