Re: [MV] Charging systems

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 17:13:53 PDT

"Jock J. Jones" <jockjones@juno.com> wrote:
> List,
> Can anyone tell me if a 24v system will run with out the batteries
> after it has been started?Or does the batteries need to be in the vehicle
> to complete the circuit?

I believe that the batteries need to be present for the regulator to
function properly... at least, that's what I recall reading in one of
my HMMWV manuals, and my HMMWV died at an intersection once, most
likely due to a bad battery connection at the STE/ICE current shunt.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/