Re: [MV] Off topic humor?

From: John Doherty (mofta@farmerstel.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 20:37:55 PDT

I guess the real deciding factor would be how much big business money is
behind this bill. Because if you take a really serious look at all the
value of replacement equipment that would have to be purchased, whether it
was by the DOD or by us, it really COULD add up.

You are really talking about an enormous windfall for someone. I could see
someone drooling in the back halls of congress right now, just thinking
about that contract to demill all this old stuff. Probably on a cost-plus
basis. Now wouldn't that be worth throwing a nickel or dime or two into a
lobbyist pocket for? Why, just think what the scrap metal industry could do
with it! They might be considering a way out for all this metal dumping
that's coming in from all the countries with normalized economic relations
that we've gotten in the last two terms of office. Don't forget all the
textile industry that's gone south of the border or across the oceans, we
could employ an awful lot of unemployed textile workers making new camo
clothing for future generations.

New vehicles would have to be bought to satisfy all of us with green metal
fever! Ugh! Not if I have anything to do with it! Give me heavy duty,
ugly, tough and green, anyday of the week, compared to the new crap.

HMV content! Made it! Sorry, carried away again!

John