Fearless Freddy's Land Rovers On Ebay

From: Robin Craig (therobincraig@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 23:47:41 PDT

Heres what I can suss out on this item, which because I do happen to know a
bit about them I feel I should comment on.

>From what I can see this company clearly does not have the Land Rovers in
the US right now, but is prepared to bring them in for you. It is UNCLEAR to
me exactly what the terms are as in one breath they talk about "FOB" and
the next they are saying import duties etc are your responsibility. Curious
isn it?

The picture of the Land Rover was shot in the UK and the vehicle represents
a typical series 3 109" Land Rover, after a quick repaint. Im sure that this
comapny intends to import some and want to make some money on them with
little risk. But in my humble opinion they should just bring a selection in
and licence them for the raod where they are so people can go look at them
in person. All this specifying this and that is fine for some people but I
dont htink many people will put down that kind of chump change on sight
unseen vehicles, trust me, I know Land Rovers A little. I know the value of
an off frame rebuild and it would be easy to tell the diffence between that
and a quick frame clean up too.

I guess the watch words Caveat Emptor go along here............

Oh yes, if you into them, I have a 1986 110 LHD pickup in Canada for sale
plus a 1985 LHD station wagon coming back in the next month, it was what I
was driving at Beltring. Whoops, that was an unashamed plug wasnt it?!

Oh well,

Robin Craig

Ottawa Ontario Canada