Greetings.

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 10:05:35 PDT

Hi, fellas.

My thanks to Jim Rice for sending along a few pointers so that I could join
in the commentary on the list.

I joined the list after reading the article in Military Vehicles 81 titled
GREEN MACHINES AND THE BOYS IN BLUE. I would like to throw in my "two bits"
and comment on that article. It had a nice balance to it.....about half of
it was truth and the other half was a load of crap. I doubt the editors
will publish my response to them by email (though I was not unkind).

I realize the comments on motorcylists without helmets has died down but I
had a thought on that subject......perhaps states should make it mandatory
for one to ride without a helmet, one must be a registered organ donor.
Sure, if a guy wants to go out and risk his melon he's gonna do it law or no
law, but perhaps he ought to help the rest of the folks who need perfectly
good kidneys, lungs, hearts etc. to have a shot at a longer, fuller life
while he does it.

As for that fellow in Las Vegas.......I would suggest all MVPA members send
him $10 so he can build himself a nice garage immediately and thumb his nose
at those jokers who are messing with him.

TJ Smith
unpaid proprietor of "The Last Chance Garage"
Boerne, Texas
M3A1 Scout Car
M3A1 Scout Car
WC54