Fw: [MV] Avis Saracen Mk 6 APC Engine Performanance Question

From: Hank Kaminski (hnksguns@tir.com)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 19:26:25 PDT

 Ok, I showed this one to Hank and his comment was "mine will do 45MPH maybe
50 but it is scarry especially on a down hill".
He has no idea what his mileage is but as he put it "you are flogging a
motor meant to power a 5000LB car and you want to make it power 5 times that
weight and get good gas mileage!? DREAM ON FELLA".
He does use MOBILE ONE in ALL his vehicles and has for 30 years. Yes, it
does cost a little more but he has proven it is worth the expense. He gets
better gas mileage and better performance. He even changed the gear lube in
his newly restored M37 to Mobil One Gear Lube.
Short story to prove a point, the last trip we made to Knob Creek with his
Ranger, he sent me to the local Walmart to get the oil changed the weekend
before. The next day he was hollering they had switched the oil, he can
smell the difference! When we got into the mountains down thru Covington,
Ky the motor over heated and the engine light came on. As soon as we
dropped the canon at the range we went and had the oil changed. Sure enough
it wasn't Mobil One and it had broke down. On the trip down we travel at
night when the air is cooler, very light traffic. On the way back we are
running back thru those same mountains in the late afternoon heat in heavy
traffic. On the way back we had NO problems and got better gas mileage too
boot. Definately proves that MOBIL ONE will make a difference.
Carolyn aka Mrs. Hank