Re: [MV] weird things at Beltring

From: Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 04:14:22 PDT

Robin Craig schrieb:

> First issue is the uniform thing. Now I don't wear any uniforms when I drive
> my ferret, I'm not trying to portray anything so its not my gig. Secondly I
> don't have the body shape too grace a uniform which is the second part of
> this rant. God damn it if your going to wear a Para uniform then look the
> part and get rid of that size 55 waist that you sport, cos no active para
> had a waist that size!! you just look like a goof.

You are right. And also remember: Active soldiers are young! Typical age
for an enlisted rank is 18 - 22 years of age. So it is a little bit strange
to see old fat men in uniforms...

> The Ex Military Land Rover Association guys had a very good selection of
> surprisingly uncluttered vehicles, which went against the trend to take a
> vehicle and bolt onto it every widget ever painted olive drab and say it
> was ex Para which all too sadly some people thing is required to have a
> real mans vehicle.

You are right, too. Not only the people, some vehicles, too were overloaded
with every kind of equipment the owner has.

Best regards
Andreas