Re: [MV] Convention Day 4, KC Mo

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 20:36:17 PDT

Steve said...............

> Started hearing the first negative grumblings on stuff. Looks like it
>was mostly about the hotel that was close here that was understaffed,
>rooms weren't getting cleaned, etc.. I went by there & heard the front
>desk tell people they didin't have rides to the airport cause they didn't
>have enought shuttle buses.

Yeah...a noted collector was complaining loudly that the hotel
sucked.........big time!

> BBQ friday night received its fair share of criticism too. They ran
>out of food, & nobody, nobody wanted to sit out in the hot sun & eat.
>Fortunatley the tables we set up in the shade were tolerable. Later
>discusion the next day also revealed something none of us local members
>knew either. Seems our local memeber who also is a member of the
>National was insistent about handling the BBQ. Now we find out he gave
>the contract for it to his son. Hhhhmmmmm.

Lets see......we went to Aurther Bryants BBQ that nite...would have been a
good bet! Ant they cater................

> We closed down the areas at 5 PM. Made pelnty of announcements to that
>effect. Most complied, some complained they didn't know. Most moved out
>about 4-5. One fella was really bent outa shape about it, threatening to
>break down the door if we didn't let him move his stuff. Other vendors
>said he had been a pain all weekend anyways.

Speaking as a vendor...I got wind of the closing...at 5pm as evidenced the
day before...the lights were shut down. Not wanting to spend the nite just
to break down..we broke down around 2:30..so we could be out of there by
5......they should have allowed another couple of hours to let the vendors

  Selling the
>shirt off your back for the customer. How many of you can say you did
>that ?

Yes....what a sight.......Steve stripping down in the restroom for some
woman....wanting his shirt......what a guy!

All in all..had a great time. The event was alot bigger that the last one
held there. Great job to the locals....too bad the hotel was such a

Jon