Re: [MV] 9% want SUV's banned. Think about this

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 19:45:25 PDT

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:57:28 -0500, you wrote:
>Can you imagine what the number would be for banning MV's????????

Let's see, on my daily commute hardly a day goes by when I'm not
nearly run off the road by a Jeep Grand Cherokee, or have a lincoln
Navigator swerve into my lane with no more consideration for me than a
piece of lint.

But I can't remember ever being run off the road by a Daimler Dingo or
an M-29 weasel.

Nobody minded when SUV's were used by people to haul stuff or travel
off road. But now they're being used more and more by jerks to
intimidate other drivers, and those other drivers are bound to respond
in kind.

The idea is misguided, I'll grant you, but understandable. It's the
assholes behind the wheel that should be banned, not the vehicles.

But the lesson is simple, nobody likes a bully.

I've owned a Jeep Cherokee since 1984, but when I see some guy in a
Lexus R300 rip by at 85mph in heavy drifting snow, I wonder myself if
banning them isn't a good idea.

But I fail to see where the same applies to historical military
vehicles.