Re: [MV] Sacrilegious 2.5-ton A/C question

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 09:20:13 PDT

Philip Waterman <waterman@tellink.net> wrote:
> Are you trying to cool the shop van or the cab?

My question concerned trying to cool the cab. I found a company that
makes A/C units for commercial trucks:

    http://www.rdac.com/

They make both 12V and 24V units, and have lots of different options
for locating and mounting the evaporator and condenser. My main
concern is figuring out how to mount a compressor in the engine
compartment.

I'd also like to cool the van body, but I'm considering using a
low-profile roof-mounted RV A/C unit, driven by 115 VAC from either
shore power or a generator (which might be built in to the van body,
towed on a trailer, or ???). As you can see, I'm still in "brainstorm"
mode, and it'll probably be a while before I decided exactly what I
want to do and go into "procrastinate" mode. :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/