Re: [MV] HR-4205 update (Talked to MVPA)

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 16:19:01 PDT

Richard Notton wrote:

> For fear of another tirade from the large, southern State, how can it
> be that the oft quoted beacon of liberalism, opportunity and freedom can
> freely allow some seriously dangerous implements to one and all but then
> shape up to effectively remove all the innocuous old MVs from private
> ownership, crazy or what ?

HEAR, HEAR! As someone taught to shoot at eight years of age, and a [then] legal
gun owner at sixteen, with umpteen licences to-date, I really do resent the way
OUR government is industriously wiping us off the map... but taking it in
perspective, that's another issue. What I find REALLY curious is your situation
south of the border, where in many places you can walk around armed to the teeth
(and expect to!), yet seem to be losing your right to drive what you want, where
you want.

My American friends, this does NOT bode well for you. Compared to the gun owners
you are a minority, but I feel someone in this business has to take the
challenge and confront your bureaucrats before the latter wake up one morning
realizing they have the power to emasculate this whole segment of your society.
Others are sure to follow.

> I sincerely wish you all well and a satisfactory conclusion.

As do I. Good luck, and Godspeed.

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2 http://www.mapleleafup.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment http://www.1cacr.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ MVPA 19039