RE: [MV] Painting fuel tank question.

From: Jim (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 19:58:26 PDT

Hi Gavin and List,

You are probably having trouble with the solder. It is kind of like trying to paint galvanized sheet steel. The zinc is slick on the surface and the paint will peel off on its own. You have to treet galvanize with vinegar to get the surface to oxidise and give the paint tooth to grab a hold of. I think you can do the same with solder but some of the other guys here have probably dealt with this before and can shed some light on it.

good luck,
Jim