Re: [MV] Good P.R.

From: ljh (ljh@public.xm.fj.cn)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 21:28:15 PDT

Henry:

I am very glad you have posted this message as it does give a very bright,
positive light, to MV collectors and our hobby. Many times in my home of
Sullivan County New York, I and my equipment, were invited to many events such
as, County run Air Shows, Memorial Day, Fourth of July Parades, and County
Functions, such as Octoberfest party's and the like. Never did the Local
Governments offer to pay even for my fuel. Their Attitude was that they were
being clever and using my equipment for free Advertisement and promotion of
their events. I in turn kept my mouth shut and thought of the positive influence
that I could bring to the Hobby and my fellow collectors.

Whatever happened to "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness"??? I don't
know.

As far as the bill to demil and destroy the vehicles that we collect some years
back the name "Ed Woolverton" at TACOM came up in my endeavors to obtain 2,
M60A3 MBT's for a Museum in New York. It was him personally who put a stop to
this even after I had received written authorization to pick them up from Fort
Drum. Ed is also a Civilian Employee of the ARMY. To watch out Freedoms be
slowly removed by a "Government by the People, of the People and for the People"
is a very sad thing.

In my opinion the US Government has more Police agency's, and offices to control
the population than any other country on Earth.

Thank you Henry for Speaking out.

Tim Conover
AMOY, China.