Re: [MV] HR 4205

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@lynx.bc.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 10:21:51 PDT

At 08:53 AM 8/28/00 -0500, Frank Robertson wrote:
>David and I are members or the same MVPA chapter. We have a running good
>natured fight about "right and wrong colored" military vehicles. I drove one
>of his tucks to a show last year and told him I'd have to wear a mask so no
>one would recognize me. To me any vehicle with a military data plate is a
>proper military vehicle.
>PS notice the smile at the end of the original post.

Our chapter has a member who bought a surplus M37, and spent a great deal of
time and energy restoring it to 'better than new', complete with a lot of
stainless-steel hardware and custom-made panels, and a nice shiny desert-tan
paint-job.

I met this fellow when I had my scruffy-looking M37 in the parking lot of
Safeway,
and got him interested in the military aspects of the truck, its history,
and, indeed,
its originality. Now, several years later, the shiny tan paint job
remains, but most
of the original miscellaneous hardware and sheet-metal has wound its way back
to #24087, and his completion of the vehicle as an M42 Arty command post
is a staple of most of our events, and a crowd-pleaser extraordinaire among
veterans and automotive hobbyists alike.

Andy Hill
MVPA #9211
Vancouver, B.C.