Re: [MV] Beltring

From: Hanno Spoelstra (HL.Spoelstra@inter.NL.net)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 12:02:16 PDT

At 13:27 30-08-2000 EDT, Muttguru@aol.com wrote:
>does anyone know who the chap was who had a couple of military vehicles done
>up as "Israeli Army" at this year's show ????

Ken,

Do you mean the International Half Track w/120m mortar and a M38A1 jeep? The
jeep is owned by Mark, the Half Track by a friend of his. I must say Mark
went all the way to recreate "the sight and sound". When I asked him (see
http://home-3.worldonline.nl/~dlgwtr/foto/beltring15.jpg) what the small
cassette player on his dash was for, he remarked: "Ever noticed that
re-enactors of British and American units play Vera Lynn's and Glenn
Miller's music? Well, we play crappy Hebrew music!"

Regards,
Hanno