Re: [MV] More on HR4205.....Thank you EAA!

From: Douglas Greville (dgrev@mail.ruralnet.net.au)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 02:42:54 PDT

Steven

> Actually, it concerns some chemicals, among other things, that may be of
> broader interest.

At this rate we may just end up with the Barbie Doll and Coke can
collectors joining us after all.

> In plastic modelling, an innovation has been resin casting of short-run kits

I can just imagine. But last I heard, the problem existed in only the first
few years of that cottage industry and now it is only an inhalation of
non-degradable solids (which means a respirator etc is still a good idea)
but the agressive chemicals are no longer used?

> digress). Many of these figures are well-known officers, including such
> up-standing (sarcasm) figures as Gruppenfuehrer Peiper, Reichsfuehrer
> Himmler, and the like.

Hmmm, do the do-gooders have a point? Glorification of the wrong sort of
people in history. But, we think we live in a free society and where do
you draw the line?

> In the old tractor hobby, environmental issues loom, mostly related to lube,
> fuels, and paints, issues familiar to HMV restorers. OSHA and other safety
> groups are also becoming involved.

I can see what they are aiming at: don't let the public do anything they
aren't mature enought to control their own destinies, but
make sure they pay their taxes, so the do-gooders can draw a salary and
keep on dreaming up ways to annoy us.

Life involves risk, we all make our own choice as to how much. We know
that paint contains solids and solvents, used oil is bad for us if
you get it on your skin etc etc etc, having made that personal
determination of risk, why can't they just leave us alone?
I like to know the hazard details, but it is MY decision not theirs
as to what I do.

A friend of mine has a favourite saying "stop the world I want to get
off", at times I know how he feels.

Regards
Doug

                 Armoured Vehicles Collector
        _______
      _/_(_o_)_\_ ____
    _/|___|_|___|\_ /____\
   / [___] [___] \ Douglas Greville _/[o]___\_
  |w|\u u/|w| Australia |w| \ / |w|
          M8 Ferret

                     dgrev@ruralnet.net.au

Web Armour site at: