[MV] CA hardtop law?

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 02:54:57 PDT

List,
I know, via info supplied by Mark Blair, that CA requires a CDL in order
to drive an M35A2 legally due to it having three axles. This morning I
got a E-mail from a Californian asking about my trucks. He says that
he can't register a truck with a soft top in CA! Now, is this another
weird CA law, or is this fellow misinformed?
Thanks for any info on this matter.
Joe "MV Trucker" Young
Resident, NJ, the land of the free (welfare), where it's illegal (by the
letter
of the law) to take a vehical tagged as historic out for a Sunday drive!