my two cents, without the laughs

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 21:23:18 PDT

Personally I like my Scout Car because it
(A) is old
(B) is dirt simple
(C) is plain as a board fence
(D) is different
(E) is rather mondo-looking
(F) is four wheel drive
(G) ain't likely to get door dings in the Walmart parking lot
(H) is a lovely shade of green

I bought it because it came from an era that I am particularly interested in
(WWII) and represents (to me at least) the end of our naivete about the
conduct of war.

What an albatross! The Scout was a dismal failure as a military vehicle and
everybody knows it. It was obsolete at the beginning of the WWII and is a
complete dinosaur by today's standards. Those that remained on the US table
of organization were largely relegated to important missions like runs for
burgers and fries and such stuff. VERY offensive missions......especially
if you ordered yours WITH onions!

In fact, the armored car (truck) that delivers the cash to and from your
bank is better armored than the Scout.

And as for weapons.....well, it ain't a weapon. It's a vehicle. One could
put weapons on it, but then, one could put weapons on a sports car (go ask
James Bond.)

If the armor plate (what little I have left) makes my neighbors nervous,
I'll be happy to replace it with mild steel plate.....big hairy
deal......most modern AP ammo would make swiss cheese out of whats on it now
anyway. On the other hand, if I had been just down the street when that DPS
officer (and responding officer) got ambushed not too long ago, you can bet
the other responding officers would have beaten down my door for the keys to
it.

But, I digress......My Scout car is not a policital statement.......it's
just four wheels and a motor. PERIOD.

TJ