Composite Light Wiring

From: MThom15@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 08:08:46 PDT

HELP!!!!!!!!!
    Yesterday, my brother noticed that my passenger side brake light was out.
 Naturally, I figured it was just a burned out bulb, so this morning I took
off the lens to take a look. I pulled out the bulb, and it didn't look
burnt, so I took off the lens on the driver side light and switched bulbs.
The bulb worked in the driver side light, and the driver side bulb didn't
work on the passenger side light. Now I'm thinking there's a wire loose,
causing an incomplete circuit (i.e. no juice coming out of the socket). I
took out my voltage meter, checked the socket and it all checked out. When
the brake is depressed, it reads 22 volts, and reads nothing when the brake
is off. When the bulb is put in the socket, nothing happens.
    It appears that the bulb is making connection with all the right points,
    there's juice coming out,
    the bulb works,
    what's wrong? I can't see any reason why this shouldn't be working. Any
advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BTW, does anyone know what the marker on the bottom is for? There's the red
lens, the blackout markers underneath, and another marker which is white,
with yellow LED's in a triangular pattern inside. None of the switches
appear to turn this on. Not really a problem, just curious.

Matt

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
Matt Thompson
MVPA #21737